Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bound- Abby

When He said all was beautiful
On that seventh resting day
I wonder if he realized
The price He’d left to pay

I have to question, if even then
If he knew that we would bleed
If he knew that love would kill us
Or if he really didn’t see

My conscience cried, I felt the pain
When creation was complete
Because I knew back then, that when it ends
I would still be left, deplete

But he did not hear our reason
He turned from all our pleas
And so now we find that for all our time
We never find release

Call me jaded, I will not hide
That my world has lost its light
For what I felt destroyed me
And I sit in shredded night

Im losing all that was myself
Becoming more irate
The weary creature ive become
Is the product of my hate

The end of all things beautiful
Is all that waits for me
And the love that left me helpless
Keeps my devastation free

No comments:

Post a Comment