Thursday, July 23, 2009

Five Degrees Darker- Abby

one degree darker, dimmness prevails
Yet i've found this new bleakness enticing
im holding my heart over fissures of failure
But i find the aloneness exciting


two steps more towards manic unrest
and closer each night are my demons
dreams turn to terrors,
as i encounter my errors
and sleep is elusive, at best

and three steps farther into waters unchartered
where the darkness consumes me completely
i drown in the mire of this life i desired
in some sick, twisted way it defines me

Four measured leaps forward, i stand at the brink
of insanity, of living to prosper
for this and for him ill wade out in sin
and let rise whats still mine to offer

Five degrees blacker, the shade of my sorrow
A beauty in its own way and right
and ill follow in faith till it leads me astray
for i find my true self in the night

No comments:

Post a Comment