Thursday, July 23, 2009

For My Brave Autumn Abby

For Autumn...words desert me
For Autumn, they werent quite enough
When April turned its pages to May,
While springtime flowers came out to play
Words could not save her, my Autumn

My Autumn, her soul was a diamond
My Autumn, she shined from within
While her life was in shambles
trailing briar thorns and brambles
Brave Autumn, she forgave all my sins

Brave Autumn, she smiled like an angel
Brave Autumn, even though he abused her
the lights were all off, she alone paid the cost
My Autumn was frail, in the end Autumn failed
For my Autumn, it was simply too much

To My Autumn...what can i give her?
To my Autumn, what could i write?
My Own Autumn passsed,
and her grave has amassed
thick vines like those once twined about her

Still Autumn, the trees bow in reverence
Still Autumn, the birds do not sing
Still Autumn, I sit in this silence
While emotions run towards violence
Still Autumn, I cannot escape you

No comments:

Post a Comment