Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Dark In Me Abby

there's a ripple in the surface
of this cool facade i keep
my demons, left untended
are stirring from their sleep

helpless, i allow free reign
to the world that ive created
and im shamed to see her work in me
leaves me secretly elated

its a darkened eye, an ugly gleam
staring back from in the mirror
and i surrender all to my demon's call
and after all these years, unleash her

she is all the dreams forbidden
she is things best left untouched
and she is recklessly forsaking
the life i loved so much

she drowns me...and i crave her
the darkness to my light
while the sun still shines,
she bides her time
for my demon owns the night

i am lost beneath the surface
of the girl that ive become
and its useless now to fight her
for the dark in me has won

i almost cant recall the past
shes all but been erased
for i was slave to the dark in me
when i suffered my first taste

No comments:

Post a Comment