Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sunday Pennance- ABBY

a line between the pages
a word thats rarely spoken
a maid who drops her very soul
in the sunday pail as token,
for all the sins she can't erase
and the pain that she can't ease
hoping that her sacrifice
will earn her some release.

and from the grave of one i loved
a whisper breaks the glass,
between the present, where i sit,
and the childhood of my past

it takes me back
to a time in life
before i fell for him
before i sacrificed myself
on the alter of his sins
and i recall
with growing clarity
the things that i have lost
and the countless times ive nailed my heart
to a self inflicted cross

and reminding me of endless nights
where death has drawn me in,
enticing me with offers
of forgiveness from within.
and as the breeze draws nearer
and the bloodlust fills my eyes
the brazen scales are lifted,
and i finally realize;
that the world to which im shackled
is a lost and empty place
and there within the shadows
sits the haunting of her face

No comments:

Post a Comment